The Institute ::
The People’s College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre is affiliated to Barkut-ul-lah University, Bhopal. The college is the result of untiring efforts of the Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas. The Nyas has identified Healthcare & Education as a tool for its humble contribution towards the betterment of mankind. The People’s Group under the Nyas is engaged in establishing hospitals for providing the latest and the best possible treatment to the masses as well as imparting education in the field of medicine.
The medical college has received letter of permission from the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India to start admissions in the MBBS course for the session 2005-06.
Also in the campus are, a 450 bedded speciality teaching hospital established in October 2002 and four storied medical college and a residential complex. The 1128 bedded hospital attached with People’s College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
Duration : 4.5 Years + One year Internship
Mission & Vision
Global leadership in Human Development, Excellence in Education & Healthcare.
PCMS & PH Mission
To be among the most preferred destination for students and teachers of health sciences at all levels of medical education by 2009 AD
To achieve acceptance of PCMS&RC as an excellent learning centre & dependable (also affordable) healthcare provider.
- To establish PCMS & RC as an institution sensitive to the health needs and expectations of all sections of people of our country.
- To establish Peoples Hospital as the best patient friendly hospital.
- To establish educational research infrastructure – both hospital and community based- for effective practice of evidence based medicine in PH.
- To establish and maintain strong working relationship with all healthcare and social welfare organizations in India to optimize mutual institutional support and community benefits.
- To widen further the partnership base and to establish firmly the social commitment of the institution in the provision of health services, along side excellence in education and research.
- 1st October, 2002 - OPD Services in People's Hospital commissioned with support services
- 19th February, 2004 – In Patient Services started in PH
- 13th July, 2005 - Letter of Permission received from the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India, New Delhi 30th June 2005. Letter of Intent issued by Central Govt.